These super chocolatey and fudgy chocolate coconut macaroons are easy to make with pantry ingredients.
A cross between a coconut macaroon and a brownie, these fudgy chocolate coconut macaroons are easy to make and dangerously good. One bowl, one spoon and a handful of pantry ingredients are all you need to whip up a batch.
Chocolate and coconut together are a winning combination, and clearly one of my favorites considering the number of times the delicious duo have made an appearance on the blog. There’s this tart, these haystacks, these macaroon cups and these clusters just to name a few. So it should come as no surprise that I’m sharing with you another variation on an old favorite, this time in cookie form.
These rich and chewy macaroons are packed to the brim with both chocolate and coconut. They’re fudgy and meltingly tender on the inside, with pockets of chocolate strewn throughout.
How do you make chocolate macaroons?
Chances are you already have everything you need in your pantry.
- Start by melting together some chopped chocolate, coconut milk, coconut sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Than add in some shredded coconut and more chocolate into the form of cocoa powder and chocolate chips to form a loose batter.
- Scoop the batter onto a cookie sheet and pop it into the oven to bake.
- What emerges are little mounds of chewy chocolate goodness. (Make sure not to overbake them, they will firm as they cool.)
Dense and fudgy like a good brownie with lots of chewy texture from the coconut, these chocolate macaroons are great for Passover, Easter or frankly just because.
More macaroon recipes:
- Chocolate Almond Coconut Macaroon Cups
- Honey Coconut Macaroons
- Dark Chocolate Macaroon Thumbprint Cookies
These super chocolatey and fudgy vegan chocolate coconut macaroons are easy to make with pantry ingredients.
- 3 oz/90g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons/45ml coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons/36g coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon/5g cocoa powder
- 1 cup/90g unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 Tablespoons/45g dark chocolate mini chips
- Preheat oven to 325 °F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large glass bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, melt together chopped chocolate, coconut milk, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and pinch of salt until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in coconut and cocoa powder and let batter sit for 5 to 8 minutes to cool. Stir in remaining mini chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop batter evenly into balls onto prepared sheet pan.
- Bake until set (about 12 to 15 minutes). Let cookies cool completely on pan. Store macaroons in an airtight container at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, such as calories, fat, carbs, etc. are only estimates and are not guaranteed to be accurate.
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Find out what that means for you here.)
Sylvie Shirazi is the recipe developer and food photographer behind Gourmande in the Kitchen. For the last 10 years she's been making eating more healthfully easy and accessible with gluten-free, grain-free, paleo and vegan recipes that are free from processed ingredients.