Mini chocolate filled chocolate chip cookie cups are the perfect bite-sized treat for the holidays or any occasion.
There are few cookies as comforting and well-loved as a chocolate chip cookie, and in this time of year devoted to cookie making and baking it seems only fitting to include the tried and true favorite in the mix. Now you might argue that a chocolate chip cookie isn’t fancy or festive enough to be a holiday cookie, to which I say — make chocolate chip cookie cups!
Need a little treat to brighten your day or something sweet that’s elegant enough for your cookie platter this year? Small yet satisfying cookie cups are the answer.
Chocolate chip cookie cups are chocolate chip cookies all dressed up in their best party attire. The mini tart-like cookies are charming bite-sized and extra-chocolatey versions of the cookie we all know and love.
These cookie cups are brimming with chocolate from top to bottom. First there’s a chocolate chip studded cookie crust, then a fudgy chocolate filling and finally to finish it all off a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips on top.
How to make chocolate chip cookie cups:
Cookie cups are at their core chocolate chip cookie dough baked in a mini muffin pan to create little cups rather than round cookies that can be filled any manner of ways. The gluten-free, paleo and vegan dough comes together quickly with only a spoon and a bowl needed. A quick chill in the fridge and it’s ready to bake. Unlike many holiday cookies these cookie cups require no rolling, simply press the dough into and up around the edges of a well-greased muffin pan with your fingers.
A few minutes in the oven, and out come golden brown cookie cups ready to cool and fill. The filling is an easy chocolate fudge that’s simply melted and stirred together before being poured into the cooled cups and topped with even more chocolate in the form of mini-chocolate chips.
Kid-friendly, yet sophisticated enough for the grown-up set, these cookie cups are a sweet treat that will satisfy any cookie or chocolate craving during the holiday season or any time of year.
More Holiday Cookie Recipes to Try:
- Gluten-Free Maple Pecan Sandies (Paleo, Vegan)
- Crispy Gluten-Free Coconut Cookies (Paleo, Vegan)
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle (Paleo, Vegan)
Mini chocolate filled chocolate chip cookie dough cups are the perfect bite-sized treat for the holidays or any occasion.
For the chocolate chip cookie cups:
- 1 cup/112g almond flour
- ¼ cup/32g arrowroot
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup/56g palm shortening
- ¼ cup/60ml maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon/5ml vanilla extract
- ¼ cup/60g mini chocolate chips
For the chocolate filling:
- 4oz/113g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon/15g coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons/30ml maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons/30g almond butter
- Mini chocolate chips to top
- To make the chocolate chip cookie cups:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Generously grease 14 cavities of a nonstick mini muffin pan.
- In a large bowl stir together almond flour, arrowroot, baking soda and salt. Add palm shortening, maple syrup, vanilla extract and mix thoroughly with a large spoon or spatula until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Wrap dough in parchment and chill until firm (about 1 hour).
- Dividing evenly, roll dough into 14 balls and press into prepared muffin pan pressing evenly up the sides and bottom of each cavity.
- Bake until golden around the edges (13-15 minutes). Cool in the pan completely, then carefully loosen the edges with a knife and remove from pan. Keep in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to fill.
- To make the chocolate filling:
- While the cups cool, combine the chopped chocolate, coconut oil and maple syrup in a large heat proof bowl set over a small saucepan of simmering water and heat stirring well until fully melted and smooth. Turn off heat and stir in almond butter.
- Spoon chocolate almond filling into the center of each cooled cup. Top with mini chocolate chips and let cool before serving.
- Store in an air-tight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, such as calories, fat, carbs, etc. are only estimates and are not guaranteed to be accurate.