A soothing caffeine-free pumpkin spice filled tea latte made with rooibos tea, that’s like fall in a mug.
Ready or not, here comes fall.
It’s the season for chunky socks and sweaters and chilly mornings or evenings spent cozied up wrapped in an over-sized throw with your hands around a warm mug. And nothing is more synonymous with fall than the comforting flavors of the season like, cinnamon, nutmeg and all those pumpkin pie spices.
Summer lemonades and iced teas give way to more soothing sips. One of my go-to cool weather drinks is this tea latte filled with pumpkin spice. It’s the perfect way to start the day on a chilly morning or wind down in the evening. I make it with Rooibos tea so I can enjoy all the seasonal flavors minus the caffeine jitters, but of course you can also make this with regular black tea if you prefer.
It’s smooth and silky without being overly rich, with a mild and pleasantly warming spiciness from cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and a hint of anise. A spoonful of pumpkin purée rounds out the pumpkin pie flavors, while coconut milk keeps things dairy-free while adding a wonderful creaminess. I’ve also added hemp seeds for body and a bit of protein to keep you going on those chilly mornings, and opted for Medjool dates to sweeten for their caramel-like flavor. Richly flavored but evenly balanced, with just enough sweetness and spice, it’s like fall in a mug.
Now if you’re wondering about the throw you see, it’s this one by Boll & Branch. The gorgeous pumpkin color is a limited edition of their 100% organic cotton cable knit throws, and it’s super cozy and comfortable. I really appreciate a company that goes to the extra effort of producing quality goods that are eco-friendly, non-toxic and ethically sourced and produced and that’s exactly what they do, (read more about their story here) so I’m pleased to partner with Boll & Branch today to offer you a first look at their newest limited edition throw for fall. If you follow along on Instagram, you’ll also have a chance to win one for yourself this week!
(This post is sponsored by Boll & Branch, but as always, all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Gourmande in the Kitchen.)
A soothing caffeine-free pumpkin spice filled tea latte made with rooibos tea, that's like fall in a mug.
- 1 rooibos tea bag
- 1 cup/240ml filtered water for brewing
- 2 Tablespoons/20g shelled hemp seeds
- ¼ cup/60ml coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8th teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8th teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8th teaspoon ground anise
- 2 soft Medjool dates, pitted (or 1 Tablespoon/15ml maple syrup)
- 1 Tablespoon/15g pumpkin purée
- Brew rooibos tea in 1 cup of boiling hot water for 5 minutes. Press on tea bag and discard.
- Put hot brewed rooibos, hemp seeds, coconut milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg anise and dates in a high speed blender. Blend on high for about two minutes, until smooth and fully blended. Add pumpkin purée and blend again until frothy. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 31gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Find out what that means for you here.)