These ultra fresh raw vegetable summer rolls with sesame dipping sauce make the perfect warm weather lunch or appetizer.
If you’re looking for a light, vegetable-filled lunch, snack or appetizer these raw vegetable summer rolls are the answer.
They’re a nice alternative to salads and especially welcome on a hot day when you just don’t feel like cooking since they’re just a matter of assembly.
Filled with crunchy raw vegetables, fragrant cilantro, juicy slices of mango and served with a super creamy triple sesame dipping sauce, they’re a fun twist on traditional summer rolls and just about the freshest thing you can throw together in a matter a minutes either for yourself or a dinner party.
I especially love making these rolls because they’re a great way to use up whatever raw vegetables you’ve got lying around and are so easy to prepare. It’s hard to go wrong with any variety of fillings, since it’s just about packing in as many contrasts of textures and flavors into each bite as you can and tying the whole thing together with a creamy dipping sauce on the side.
I’ve eschewed traditional rice noodles for cucumber noodles and filled mine up with layers of zucchini, bell pepper, cilantro and juicy slices of mango. A crisp lettuce leaf stands in for the rice paper wrap making these summer rolls entirely raw.
The dipping sauce is a triple sesame sauce with a creamy, nutty finish that brings all the flavors of the rolls together as it permeates each bite.
Cool, crispy, fresh and crunchy these summer rolls are ready and waiting to be your next summer meal!
These ultra fresh vegetable summer rolls are the perfect warm weather lunch or appetizer.
For the triple sesame sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons/30g, tahini (sesame paste)
- ½ teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons/30ml coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons/10ml coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml sesame oil (preferably toasted, or raw for a fully raw recipe)
- 1 Tablespoon/7g white sesame seeds
- Warm water to thin if necessary
For the summer rolls:
- 1 small to medium English (hothouse) cucumber, made into noodles using a spiralizer or julienne peeler
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into matchstick sized pieces
- 1 small bell pepper, cut into matchstick sized pieces
- ½ a large mango, (ripe but still firm) cut into thin slices
- 8 large red-leaf lettuce leaves, ribs cut out and leaves halved
- A small handful of fresh cilantro leaves
Make the triple sesame sauce:
- Whisk together all the ingredients, adding warm water as necessary to thin into a dippable sauce. Set aside.
Make the summer rolls:
- Arrange 1 piece of lettuce on a cutting board.
- Top with a small mound of cucumber noodles, cut vegetables and sliced mango at the bottom end of the leaf. Add a few leaves of cilantro and roll up tightly.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining leaves and ingredients. Serve rolls whole or halved on the diagonal with dipping sauce on the side.
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan, Paleo, Raw
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Coconut Secret Organic Pack Includes: (1) COCONUT AMINOS SOY FREE SAUCE, 8 OZ. And (1) COCONUT NECTAR LIQUID SWEETENER, Organic Agave Syrup Alternative, 12 Oz. BONUS MEASURING SPOON INCLUDED.
Paderno World Cuisine 6-Blade Vegetable Slicer / Spiralizer, Counter-Mounted and includes 6 Different Stainless Steel Blades
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 32mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, such as calories, fat, carbs, etc. are only estimates and are not guaranteed to be accurate.
Sylvie Shirazi is the recipe developer and food photographer behind Gourmande in the Kitchen. For the last 10 years she's been making eating more healthfully easy and accessible with gluten-free, grain-free, paleo and vegan recipes that are free from processed ingredients.