This gluten-free chocolate almond torte is an intensely chocolatey but deceptively easy dessert that’s perfect for any occasion.
The cake I have for you today is by far my favorite kind to make; it involves lots of chocolate and very little effort. With a minimal list of ingredients but sophisticated taste, it’s a good reminder that often the simplest things are the most delicious.
It’s a good recipe to have on hand for when you need a crowd pleasing make-ahead desert that doesn’t take all day to make. Even if you don’t consider yourself a baker you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how easily you can make this chocolate almond torte, one bowl and a few minutes of prep are all you need.
It’s a basic, everyday kind of cake, not too sweet, with big chocolate flavor that doesn’t require any frosting or glazes, but that doesn’t mean you can’t dress it up when needed. A dollop of whipped cream and a few berries on the side is always nice, but it’s honestly just as lovely served as is with a cup of coffee for dessert or an afternoon treat.
You can make it a day ahead of time since the flavor and texture will just improve with an overnight rest so it’s a good one to have in your back pocket during the holiday season when you’re short on time. As for the texture, it’s is velvety but not dense and rich but not overwhelming so.
How to make a chocolate almond torte:
The technique is simple, unlike a lot of flourless chocolate cakes that have you separating eggs and whipping egg whites this one does not.
It starts with melting together your chocolate and coconut oil into which you’ll stir your sugar and eggs until you have a smooth glossy batter similar to a brownie batter.
At which point you’ll stir in your almond flour, pour it into your parchment lined pan and sprinkle the top with sliced almonds before baking. It’s really that easy. Let it cool completely before lifting it out of the pan and you’ll be rewarded with a cake that will satisfy any chocolate craving.
More Easy Cakes to Try:
- Gluten-Free Cherry Almond Buckle Cake (Paleo)
- Flourless Chocolate Walnut Torte (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
- Gluten-Free Fig Almond Olive Oil Cake (Paleo)
This gluten-free chocolate almond torte is an intensely chocolatey but deceptively easy dessert that's perfect for any occasion.
- 6.4oz/180g chopped bittersweet chocolate (at least 70%)
- ½ cup/120g coconut oil
- ¾ cup/ 144g coconut sugar
- 1/8th teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup/56g almond flour
- 1oz/30g sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch pan; line bottom with parchment paper. Cut parchment into
strips and lay crosswise across the bottom and up the sides of the pan to create a sling (this will help lift the cake the out of the pan)
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of water over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in coconut sugar, salt and vanilla. Whisk in eggs 1 at a time, blending well after each addition. Beat until mixture is smooth and glossy. Mix in almond flour. Pour batter into pan, sprinkle top with sliced almonds.
- Bake until cake is just set in center (about 30-35 minutes). Cool completely in pan on rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, such as calories, fat, carbs, etc. are only estimates and are not guaranteed to be accurate.