An easy gluten-free and paleo flourless chocolate walnut torte cake made entirely in the food processor!
If you happen to be looking, here’s the perfect dessert to make for a chocolate lover (like me). It’s a chocolate walnut torte, and it’s probably the easiest cake you’ll ever make.
There are no layers, or fillings or frostings, just a tender melt-in-your mouth chocolate cake that’s a cross between flourless chocolate cake and brownies (although less fussy than most flourless cakes and fancier than a pan of brownies).
It’s a convenient recipe to have in your back-pocket, since you can whip one up at a moment’s notice. Most of the ingredients are pantry or fridge staples, it takes only about 30 minutes to bake, and best of all, it’s made entirely in the food processor!
Now if that doesn’t sufficiently pique your interest, how about the fact that it’s meltingly tender and has a lovely rich chocolate flavor without being too heavy.
While many flourless chocolate cakes can be more like oversized sliceable truffles than actual cake, this one maintains a lightness that makes it less cloying than most. Using cocoa powder gives the cake a concentrated chocolate flavor without making the cake itself too rich. The walnuts add a light nutty undertone but can easily be swapped out for hazelnuts or almonds if that’s what you have on hand.
Just out of the oven, it’s a bit puffed along the edges and cracked on the inside. A light dusting of cocoa powder is all you really need for an elegant finish, although an extra drizzle of chocolate sauce or whipped cream on the side is always nice.
An easy gluten-free and paleo flourless chocolate walnut cake made entirely in the food processor!
- 1 1/4 cup/ 150g walnuts (or substitute hazelnuts or almonds)
- 1 cup/ 192g coconut sugar
- ½ cup/40g natural cocoa powder (plus more for dusting top of cake)
- 3/4 teaspoon grain-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup/120g coconut oil, melted (plus more for pan)
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the sides of an 8-inch cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Put the walnuts, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in the food processor and process until finely ground. Add the coconut oil, vanilla and eggs and process just until incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until puffed around the edges and just set in the center. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Dust top lightly with cocoa powder before serving if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, such as calories, fat, carbs, etc. are only estimates and are not guaranteed to be accurate.