These fudgy, gluten-free and flourless chocolate brownies are filled with three kinds of chocolate.
We all have our favorite desserts; mine always seem to have one thing in common – a good amount of chocolate.
Maybe I’m more of a creature of habit than I think or perhaps there’s just something extra special about the dark stuff that makes it so easy to gravitate towards. I think it’s a little bit of both to be honest.
Chocolate is always a good idea, positively rich and fudgy chocolate – even better. That’s why I think another chocolate dessert is in order here. These brownies are too good and too easy not to make a habit of (not that you really need a good reason to make brownies anyways).
Deep, dark and rich, these triple chocolate brownies are quite literally overflowing with chocolate. They’re dense and fudgy on the inside with a shiny crackly top and pockets of bittersweet chocolate chunks scattered throughout. Cocoa powder adds depth and a more intense chocolate flavor to the batter while providing structure as well, since these brownies are not only supremely chocolatey but flourless to boot!
What you end up with is a pan of brownies that are dense, moist and fudgy but not too sweet. Now I know brownies (like chocolate chip cookies) are a very personal thing but if you like a brownie you can sink your teeth into that melts on the tongue and is loaded with chocolate, then this is one you’ll want to make. You can have them in the oven in less than 30 minutes.
The hardest part is the wait once they’re out of the oven, because as tempting as a warm pan of brownies maybe, these are even better and fudgier the next day, so your patience will be well rewarded!
This my friends is what chocolate dreams are made of.
These fudgy, flourless chocolate brownies are filled with three kinds of chocolate.
- 1/4 cup/24g tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup/20g unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 6 Tablespoons/90g butter
- 8 oz/225g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons/10ml vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup/128g coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 4 oz/112g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Whisk together the tapioca starch and cocoa powder, set aside. Place butter, chopped semi-sweet chocolate, vanilla and salt in large heat-proof bowl. Place over a small saucepan filled with simmering water, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and add coconut sugar. Stir in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Add tapioca and cocoa powder to the mixture and beat vigorously with a spatula until batter is smooth and begins to pull away from side of bowl. Stir in chopped bittersweet chocolate.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth top. Bake about 20-25 minutes, until set in the center (do not over bake). Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, such as calories, fat, carbs, etc. are only estimates and are not guaranteed to be accurate.
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Find out what that means for you here.)