This roasted broccoli and cauliflower salad made entirely on a sheet pan turns roasted vegetables into a healthy and quick meal.
Sometimes we just need a little extra green in our diet. It’s not about New Year’s resolutions or some sort of a post-holiday penance but rather a need to load up on all the good stuff our bodies have been missing out on for a while now.
Let’s face it, it’s easy to eat clean in the summer when a big bowl of salad makes for a quick lunch or dinner but things get a little more challenging when the temperatures drop and hearty comfort food reigns supreme. That’s when a warm roasted vegetable sheet pan salad comes in; it’s satisfying while still managing to be filled with all the green goodness your body is craving.
The wonderful thing about a sheet pan salad is how easy it is to throw together. With very little energy expended you have a warm hearty salad that delivers an interesting mix of textures and flavors. It’s healthy, it’s green, and very satisfying.
How to make this roasted broccoli and cauliflower salad:
- Here broccoli, cauliflower and kale are tossed with a quick and easy spinach garlic sauce then roasted in the oven until nicely browned and crisped.
- The broccoli and cauliflower are added to the sheet pan first to give them enough time to get nicely caramelized around the edges, and then the kale joins the party along with a generous sprinkling of hemp and sunflower seeds for crunch and flavor.
- The high heat of the oven completely transforms the vegetables. The broccoli and cauliflower lose their tough edge and become nutty, tender and lightly charred around the edges while the kale wilts down, softening in some parts and crisping up in others so you get a wonderful juxtaposition of heft and lightness all on one pan.
More broccoli recipes to check out:
- Roasted Broccoli Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Green Tahini Sauce
- Basil Grilled Broccoli
- Broccoli and Kale Pesto Kelp Noodles
Turn your favorite roasted vegetables into a healthy and quick sheet pan salad dinner.
- 3 oz/85g baby spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons/ 10ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons/45ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small heads of broccoli, cut into florets and then thinly sliced
- 1 small or ½ a large head of cauliflower, cut into florets and then thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed and torn into small pieces
- 3 Tablespoons/30g hemp seeds
- 2 Tablespoons/ 14g sunflower seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the meantime make the spinach garlic sauce. Combine spinach, lemon juice, garlic, salt and olive oil in a small food processor; pulse until smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli and cauliflower florets with half the spinach sauce. In another large bowl toss the kale, with the hemp seeds, sunflower seeds and remaining sauce, set aside.
- Spread the broccoli and cauliflower out evenly on one parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- Spread kale mixture evenly over second sheet pan add to the oven after 15 minutes and roast until kale is crispy around the edges(about 10 more minutes).
- Remove both pans from oven, combine and serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 7gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, such as calories, fat, carbs, etc. are only estimates and are not guaranteed to be accurate.
Sylvie Shirazi is the recipe developer and food photographer behind Gourmande in the Kitchen. For the last 10 years she's been making eating more healthfully easy and accessible with gluten-free, grain-free, paleo and vegan recipes that are free from processed ingredients.