These gluten-free and paleo silver dollar cashew butter pancakes are simple to make, kid-friendly and a great breakfast any day of the week.
I’m bad at mornings, always have been. It takes me a while to get going when I first get out of bed and while I wait for my brain and body to come online I tend to work on autopilot. That means breakfast needs to be easy, something I can make while I’m half asleep like these cashew butter pancakes.
Because these come together quickly in the blender, I’m never more than a few minutes away from a plate of warm homemade pancakes in the morning.
These classic American style silver dollar cashew butter pancakes are lightly golden on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. Their miniature size helps ensure that they cook up quickly and evenly and also makes them more fun to eat.
What’s in the Batter:
The batter itself is quite simple; there are no added starches or oils and no separating or whipping of eggs (which no one should reasonably be expected to do in the morning). All you need are some basics like: eggs, coconut milk, almond flour, maple syrup and cashew butter. The addition of cashew butter gives the pancakes a mild, sweet nutty flavor. Everything gets tossed in the blender and blended until creamy.
How to Cook Pancakes:
Once you’ve got your batter blended and ready to go, the next step is pouring it on the griddle to cook. You can use an electric or stovetop griddle if you have one but a wide non-stick skillet or crepe pan will work just as well. The key is to keep the heat on the low side. A gentle steady heat along with a thin coating of oil allows for the pancakes to cook evenly.
When you see a few tiny bubbles appearing, it’s time to check and flip. Use a spatula to peek underneath and look to see if the pancakes are set and have a golden brown color. Another minute or so on the other side and your pancakes are done!
Top them with a drizzle of maple syrup, a smearing of jam or some fresh fruit and dig in. They might just make mornings a bit more bearable.
More blender breakfast recipes to check out:
- Chocolate Crêpes with Dark Chocolate Sauce
- Blender Waffles with Roasted Strawberry Sauce
- Baked Blueberry Pancake
These gluten-free and paleo silver dollar cashew pancakes are simple to make, kid-friendly and a great breakfast any day of the week.
- 1/2 cup/56g almond flour
- 1 teaspoon grain-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup/60g cashew butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons/90ml coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons/30ml maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Maple syrup, jam or fresh fruit to serve (optional)
- Place all the ingredients (except for coconut oil) into blender jar and blend on high until smooth.
- Heat a large non-stick griddle or skillet over low heat and lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Pour batter by Tablespoonfuls onto hot griddle to form small silver dollar-sized pancakes.
- When pancakes have small bubbles on top and are set around the edges (about 2 minutes) then flip over using a spatula and cook until lightly golden on bottom (about 1 more minute).
- Repeat with remaining batter adding more oil to the pan as needed.
- Serve pancakes warm with maple syrup, jam or fruit on the side if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, such as calories, fat, carbs, etc. are only estimates and are not guaranteed to be accurate.