A gluten-free oven baked blueberry pancake makes for an easy breakfast or brunch, just blend and bake!
If you love pancakes for breakfast but don’t love all the fussing at the stove then this recipe is for you.
Don’t get me wrong, I love sitting down to a nice stack of pancakes, it’s all the flipping and batch cooking I could do without sometimes. If you’re like me; you like to keep things quick and easy whenever possible in the mornings, so a big baked blueberry pancake is the perfect solution. Instead of standing at the stove waiting to flip pancake after pancake, it goes right into the oven, leaving you free to attend to other things.
The batter also happens to be ridiculously easy to whip up since it’s made in the blender; five minutes and it’s in the oven. That means extra time to get ready in the morning or hang out with your guests if you’re making this for brunch.
Now I should tell you that this isn’t a Dutch baby pancake, the kind that puffs up tall in the oven and sinks in the center when you take it out. This gluten-free oven baked blueberry pancake is softer and fluffier, more cake-like, but not so sweet that you’d call it dessert.
The top is studded with juicy blueberries for a pretty presentation, but you can use whatever kind of berries you’d like (blackberries would be nice.) The outer edges of the pancake come out golden brown while the center is soft, tender and bursting with juicy berries. You can serve this warm or at room temperature but I actually like it even better then next day cold from the fridge so save yourself some for tomorrow before it’s all gone!
An oven-baked gluten-free blueberry pancake makes for an easy breakfast or brunch, just blend and bake!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml lemon juice
- The zest of 1 lemon or 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml coconut oil (plus more for greasing pan)
- ¼ cup/88g mild honey
- 4.5 oz/120g coconut yogurt (or plain regular yogurt for non-paleo), plus more for serving
- ¼ cup/30g coconut flour
- ¼ cup/ 30g tapioca flour
- ¼ cup/28g almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon grain-free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup/70 fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8-inch tart or pie pan with coconut oil.
- Place all ingredients except for blueberries in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan and sprinkle evenly with reserved blueberries.
- Bake until golden brown around the edges and firm in the center (about 25 minutes). Remove from oven; let cool on wire rack.
- Serve at room temperature with yogurt on the side.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 9gSugar: 31gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, such as calories, fat, carbs, etc. are only estimates and are not guaranteed to be accurate.