Full-sized oven capabilities in a countertop oven is what the Kitchen-Aid 12-inch Convection Countertop Oven is all about. This oven is solidly built.
It has a spacious capacity which can easily accommodate casseroles, pizzas, and multiple slices of bread for toasting. It offers 3 main cooking functions: convection bake, broil and toast with a 60 minute timer. An additional function, warm, makes it easy to reheat or keep cooked food at the right temperature.
Not to mention that Kitchen Aid is highly respected for its quality appliances, so I couldn’t have been more pleased when they offered me the chance to take their countertop oven for a test spin.
Here are the results:
- Convection baking means faster cooking times.
It comes with two oven shelves so you can bake multiple items at once; and because of the convection, the heat is even and accurate.
- The built-in timer allows you to set it and walk away without fear of burning your food since it automatically shuts off after the set time is up.
- The warm function is perfect for keeping food or plates warm.
- The oven fan is whisper quiet.
- The toaster functions works well and can accommodate all shapes and sizes of bread.
- The oven has a large capacity without taking up too much space on the counter.
- The knobs turn easily with an audible click to indicate each setting.
- The stainless steel exterior is attractive and cleans easily, and the ability to clean the crumb pan from the front makes clean up even easier.
- I wish the toast feature would function without having to turn on the oven to broil but this was not a deal-breaker.
- I also wish there was a pre-heat light that would indicate when the oven is at the correct temperature, but I just followed the directions and set the timer for the recommended pre-heat time and it worked beautifully.
Overall, I was very happy with the performance of this oven. With full-sized oven performance and fast, energy saving results, the Kitchen-Aid 12-inch Convection Countertop Oven will be a workhorse in my kitchen this holiday season. It’s sleek, well made and efficient.
I am thrilled that the generous people over at KitchenAid have offered to send one lucky Gourmande in the Kitchen a reader a Kitchen-Aid 12-inch Convection Countertop Oven (ARV $159.99)
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
The winner is Rebecca Batton. Congratulations Rebecca!
HOW TO ENTER:
Required Entry: For a chance to win leave a comment here, whatever you’d like. For example, tell me what your favorite kitchen appliance is.
The required entry must be done otherwise any extra entries will not count.
WANT MORE CHANCES TO WIN?
1. Follow @gourmandeinthek on Twitter.*
2. Tweet the following : Enter to #win a @KitchenAidUSA Convection Countertop Oven (ARV $159.99) @gourmandeinthek http://su.pr/2eWcls #giveaway #kitchenaidholiday
3. “Like” Gourmande in the Kitchen on Facebook.*
4. Follow @KitchenAidUSA on Twitter.
5. “Like” KitchenAid on Facebook.
6. Subscribe to Gourmande in the Kitchen updates by email, or subscribe to my RSS feed.*
AND FOR EVEN MORE CHANCES TO WIN KitchenAid appliances this holiday season be sure to head over to:
Dine & Dish for a chance to win a KitchenAid Pasta Extruder Attachment (ARV $189.99)
Bakers Royale for a chance to win a KitchenAid 13-Cup Food Processor (ARV $249.99)
i am baker for a chance to win a KitchenAid 7-Qt Stand Mixer (ARV $899.99)
Tidy Mom for a chance to win a KitchenAid 5-speed blender (ARV $179.99)
and follow the hashtag #kitchenaidholiday on Twitter.
PLEASE REMEMBER: Leave a separate comment for EACH of your entries or only one entry will be counted.
*If you already follow me on Twitter and Facebook and/or already subscribe to Gourmande in the Kitchen let me know as well, since this counts as an entry.
Giveaway starts on 11/20/2011 and will run until 12/05/2011 at 11:59 pm CST.
Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.
To enter leave a comment.
One winner with a valid entry will be selected at random. I will email the winner and they will have up to 3 days to claim their prize or another winner will be selected.
One winner will be selected at random to receive a KitchenAid Convection Countertop Oven
The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
Sponsors are as follows: KitchenAid USA , www.kitchenaid.com
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
Disclaimer: I was provided with a KitchenAid Convection Countertop Oven for the purpose of doing a review and giveaway. All opinions are my own.
Sylvie Shirazi is the recipe developer and food photographer behind Gourmande in the Kitchen. For the last 10 years she's been making eating more healthfully easy and accessible with gluten-free, grain-free, paleo and vegan recipes that are free from processed ingredients.