Five good reasons to cook together as a couple and a chance to win an 8 piece contemporary stainless cookware set from Calphalon to get you started.
While dinner preparation can quickly become a simple means to an end after a long day, cooking with someone special can make mealtime more meaningful. One night this week why not consider taking a little extra time to cook a meal together with a loved one?
Preparing a meal together connects us in many of the same ways that sharing one does. It forces us to slow down and appreciate the little moments spent chopping, stirring, sautéing while relaxing, reconnecting and going over the day’s events.
Here are a few good reasons to cook as a couple and a chance to win a cookware set from Calphalon to inspire you to get cooking together.
1. Cooking dinner is a nice way to unwind after a long day. Grab a glass of wine, turn on music and ease into the evening.
2. Reconnect with a shared experience and quality time together. Turn off the television and social media and simply enjoy each other’s company.
3. Trying a new recipe, cuisine, or cooking technique fosters teamwork and communication. It’s a good way to create memories while improving your skills in the kitchen.
4. It’s easier to be in control of what’s on your plate and committed to making healthy choices when you know how your food is made and what ingredients have gone into it.
5. Split responsibilities and get dinner on the table faster than cooking alone. Have one person tackle the main course while another prepares the side dish or salad for more efficient meal preparation on those nights when time is short.
Calphalon wants to celebrate #CouplesCooking by asking couples who cook together to share pictures of themselves making a meal together for a chance to win $1,000 of Calphalon cookware! Just post a photo of you preparing a meal with your significant other on Calphalon’s Facebook page to enter and share why the dish is meaningful to you.
Calphalon has also generously offered to giveaway a Calphalon Contemporary Stainless 8-piece Cookware Set to one lucky Gourmande in the Kitchen reader! Just enter below for a chance to win a set here and then don’t forget to head over to the Calphalon Facebook page for a chance to win even more great prizes.
Sylvie Shirazi is the recipe developer and food photographer behind Gourmande in the Kitchen. For the last 10 years she's been making eating more healthfully easy and accessible with gluten-free, grain-free, paleo and vegan recipes that are free from processed ingredients.
christine j says
we love to make lasagna together