These easy and chewy flourless gluten-free and paleo trail mix cookies are chock-full of everyday favorites like nuts, fruit and chocolate.
Whether you’re looking for something to do with the kids while they’re at home or feel like treating yourself to something sweet, these flourless trail mix cookies are sure to please. It’s amazing how a simple thing like a batch of freshly made cookies can bring some much needed joy to the day, especially when they’re as chock-full as these.
What’s in Trail Mix Cookies?
These trail mix cookies have it all, they’re sweet and chewy and filled with lots of tasty things. There’s almond butter, cashew butter, pecans, walnuts, coconut, dried cranberries, (or dried cherries) raisins and chocolate packed into every bite. It’s like your favorite trail mix but in a delicious cookie form!
What you won’t find in these cookies is any flour or oil. They’re a cinch to make and only require a bowl and a spoon which makes them ideal for a family baking session. The kids can stir in all their favorites and then scoop them out on the baking sheet.
These cookies are also a great way to put to use all those jars of nut butter and bags of nuts, dried fruit and chocolate you may have stashed in your pantry.
The batter itself starts with a base of almond and cashew butter mixed together with a little coconut sugar and maple sugar for sweetness. Next in is the egg, vanilla, salt and baking soda and you’re ready for the mix-ins. This is where the fun comes in because almost anything goes. I like a little shredded coconut for heartiness, pecans and walnuts for their toasty flavor, some dried cranberries and raisins for a bit of chewiness and chocolate because everything tastes better with chocolate, but you can customize to your liking or to what’s in your pantry.
Hearty but tender and loaded with flavor, these flourless trail mix cookies hit the spot any time of day, so get baking!
More chewy paleo cookies to try:
- Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Cocoa Cookies
- Chai Spice No-Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
These chewy flourless trail mix cookies are chock-full of nuts, fruit and chocolate.
- 4oz/ 120g cashew butter
- 4oz/120g almond butter
- ½ cup /96g coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons/30ml maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8th tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup/30g walnuts and/or pecans, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup/24g unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup/30g dried cranberries, cherries and or raisins
- ¼ cup/60g dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Pre heat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cashew butter, almond butter, coconut sugar and maple syrup together until well combined.
- Add egg, baking soda, vanilla and salt and mix well. Stir in the chopped nuts, coconut, dried fruit and chocolate.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out dough and place on cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Flatten tops slightly with fingers.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until just set around the edges (don’t overbake, they will be soft in the centers). Cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, such as calories, fat, carbs, etc. are only estimates and are not guaranteed to be accurate.