A healthy vegan green soup filled with vegetables that's made to nourish and revitalize your body anytime of year.
I know it’s almost summer and the so-called soup season has long passed, but I just had to share this green soup with you because it’s so light and suitable for anytime of the year.
Frankly I see no reason to limit my soup consumption to the winter months. A bowl of soup is always welcome lunch or dinner fare in my opinion. It’s a quick and satisfying option that feels so nurturing to your body.
This past week brought back a few cool, crisp days, just a little reminder that summer isn’t quite ready to make its appearance and I found myself wanting something a little warm and soothing without being overly hearty or heavy.
What's in green soup?
This healthy green soup is like a bit of spring in your spoon, with its bright clean flavors and vibrant green color.
You’ve got the sweet grassy taste of petite peas, baby spinach, broccoli and green beans all mingling together in velvety harmony with just a touch of garlic and chives lingering in the background.
It’s a straightforward affair you can make in less than 30 minutes. I like to make extra to reheat during the week.
The super velvety texture comes from blitzing everything up in the blender with a swig of olive oil at the end which makes it entirely dairy-free. Wonderfully versatile, you can add extra fresh vegetables to it to make it more substantial, or even thin it out with a bit of water and sip it chilled. I like to finish mine with an extra sprinkle of sea salt and drizzle of fresh olive oil.
More green soup recipes:
A healthy and cleansing green soup filled with vegetables that's made to nourish and revitalize your body anytime of year.
- ½ cup/65g fresh or frozen petite peas
- ½ cup/50g fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- ½ cup fresh or frozen haricot verts (thin green beans)
- 2 oz/56g fresh baby spinach
- 2 small or one large garlic clove smashed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups/480ml filtered water
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Combine the vegetables, garlic, sea salt and water in a soup pot or medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- Puree the soup either in the pot with an immersion blender or in a high speed blender along with the olive and chopped chives in batches until completely smooth and velvety
- Taste for seasoning and add a pinch of salt if necessary. Ladle in to bowls and garnish each with a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately.
NOTE: recipe can be doubled and leftover stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 308mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, such as calories, fat, carbs, etc. are only estimates and are not guaranteed to be accurate.
Sylvie Shirazi is the recipe developer and food photographer behind Gourmande in the Kitchen. For the last 10 years she's been making eating more healthfully easy and accessible with gluten-free, grain-free, paleo and vegan recipes that are free from processed ingredients.