These cashew coconut date rolls make for a quick and energizing snack when you need a quick pick me up.
Dates are a staple in my kitchen. Medjools are the variety I buy most often thanks to their super tender texture and caramel-like flavor.
As you may have noticed if you’ve been following along here for some time, I like to use them to sweeten up smoothies, pudding and desserts whenever I can. And while they work beautifully as a natural sweetener in place of sugar in recipes, one of my favorite ways to enjoy them is made into these easy coconut date rolls.
Have you had date rolls before? You may have stumbled across them before in the bulk bin at the supermarket. They are simple little snacks made from dates rolled in either coconut or chopped nuts.
These cashew coconut date rolls are my afternoon treat as of late. They are super easy to whip up ahead of time and keep swimmingly in the fridge for when you need a quick pick me up, and also hold up well at room temperature, if you want to take a few along while out and about.
How to Make Coconut Date Rolls:
You start by pureeing the dates until they are creamy along with some coconut oil, cashew butter and vanilla bean seeds. To that you added some chopped cashews and then roll and cut them into bite sized logs. The little bites then get showered in shredded coconut and set in the fridge to firm
Straight out of the fridge the date rolls are firm and chewy (which is how I like them), but if you give them a few minutes on the counter they soften up and get nice and meltingly tender. Simplicity is the key here, bite into one and you get the rich flavors of caramel with hints of vanilla, accented by bits of creamy cashews and tender coconut.
What are your favorite afternoon snacks?
These cashew coconut date rolls make for an easy and energizing snack when you need a quick pick me up.
- 14 large soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 Tablespoons/30g raw cashew butter
- 2 Tablespoons/30g coconut oil (at room temperature)
- The seeds from half a vanilla bean
- A good pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup/28g raw cashews, finely chopped
- Unsweetened shredded organic coconut for rolling
- Place dates, cashew butter, coconut oil, vanilla bean seeds and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth and mixture starts to come into a ball. Stir in chopped cashews and place in fridge to firm for 10 minutes.
- Using lightly greased hands roll date mixture into a long rope and cut into bite sized pieces. Place shredded coconut in a shallow dish and roll each date log completely in the coconut. Serve immediately or place in fridge to firm and enjoyed chilled.
- Date rolls with keep in an airtight container in the fridge for at least 2 weeks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, such as calories, fat, carbs, etc. are only estimates and are not guaranteed to be accurate.