An all-natural facial mask made with chocolate and every day ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
All-natural beauty often starts in the kitchen and what you put on your body is as important as what you put in it so I’ve invited some friends over the next couple of weeks to share their favorite healthy homemade beauty products with you to show you just how easy it is to make your own personal care products from scratch. Please welcome Cheryl from Tidymom today who is sharing her recipe for a chocolate oatmeal face mask.
If you suffer from oily, acne-prone, aging, dry, or sensitive skin, or maybe you just like to pamper yourself and your skin. It isn’t really necessary to head to an expensive spa in order to give your face some special treatment. Best of all, you can make facial masks from natural ingredients you might already have around the house.
Last year when I visited Stowe Mountain Lodge in Vermont I learned you could get a chocolate facial in their spa. I don’t know about you, but the words chocolate facial sure piqued my interest! The hotel told me they make the chocolate face mask right in the spa with ingredient you’d have at home! I knew when I got home I need to look up how to make my own DIY All Natural Chocolate Face Mask.
It so simple to relax your mind while you pamper your body and soothe your soul with chocolate!
This decadent chocolate facial mask recipe is ideal for most skin types. It’s filled with antioxidants that rejuvenate the skin, and will leave your face smooth, soft, and glowing.
Why is this Chocolate Facial good for you?
- Chocolate is a great mood booster. Its scent and properties elevate levels of serotonin – a natural antidepressant. Chocolate produces endorphins in the brain that create feelings of happiness which help reduce stress. Even the smell of chocolate can have a calming effect. – pretty cool huh?
- Cocoa powder is a wonderful and powerful antioxidant. It protects and frees the skin from free radicals, that cause significant damage to skin layers. German researchers found that the flavonoids in dark chocolate absorb UV light, help protect and increase blood flow to the skin, and improve skin’s hydration and complexion. – I knew there was a good reason to LOVE chocolate!
- Oatmeal is gentle on the skin, yet highly powerful. Not only is it a gentile exfoliant for removing dead skin, it can also provide soothing relief from sunburn, poison ivy or other irritations. Oatmeal is also said to heal skin and open pores. It’s been used to promote healthy, beautiful skin for a long time.
- Honey is a great anti-bacterial agent, deeply cleanses your skin, and opens up clogged pores.
- Cream adds moisture to your skin. Hydrates your skin and softens delaying the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Now that you know all these benefits a chocolate facial, you can make your own chocolate face mask recipe and aid to your skins youthful look and nourishment.
Enjoy! It’s one of the best ways to relax and rejuvenate yourself after a tiring week and a cheaper alternative to heading to the spa.
*Be sure to head over to Tidymom and check out another great DIY chocolate facial recipe today as well.
More DIY Beauty Products you can make at home:
Cheryl is a St. Louis wife and mom who loves to bake, craft and clean……while managing a camera in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. She’s a self-proclaimed neat freak, who chronicles her journey through homemaking to millions of readers each month on her lifestyle, food, and home blog, TidyMom.net
Don’t miss the other homemade beauty recipes in the series:
Part 1: Homemade Skin Cream
Part 3: Lavender Lotion Bars