Fresh fruit, fromage blanc and a spiced honey sauce make a simple yet sophisticated end to a meal.
Need a quick and elegant way to end your meal?
This easy dessert uses fresh fruit, fromage blanc and a spiced honey sauce to make a simple yet sophisticated end to a meal in minutes. Fresh fruit makes an ideal post-dinner companion that satisfies your sweet tooth while not overwhelming you with post-indulgence regret.
I wanted a taste that was purely luxurious. At its core, this is technically only one step up from fruit and cream, but what makes it stand apart from that classic combination is the substitution of fromage blanc and the addition of a heady, aromatic spiced honey sauce.
Fromage blanc which translates to “white cheese” is a much beloved dairy product in France. It has a lush, silky texture similar to richer than yogurt but lighter than cream and without the tanginess of yogurt. Peaks of billowy white fromage blanc are served alongside summer stone fruits like apricots, nectarines and peaches.
Drizzling the fresh summer fruit and fromage blanc with a subtle kiss of warm honey and spices like cinnamon and ginger is a truly sensuous way to enjoy dessert. (This warm spiced honey with hints of ginger and cinnamonwould be lovely in tea as well.)
Serves Serves about 6
An easy way to dress up fruit for dessert.
10 minPrep Time
- About 8 peaches, nectarines and apricots
- 1/2 cup/ 120g honey
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Roasted Cinnamon, Saigon
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Roasted Ginger, Ground
- 8 oz/ 227g fromage blanc (or substitute mascarpone if you can’t find fromage blanc)
- Heat honey in small saucepan until warmed. Stir in cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
- Cut fruit in halves and quarters depending on size and place in serving dish. Dollop a small spoonful of fromage blanc into each dish.
- Drizzle with warm spiced honey and serve immediately.