Snack ideas for traveling and a chance to win $100.00 worth of travel snacks AND a $100.00 gift certificate.
I love to travel. Scratch that. I should say, I love visiting new places; the actual travel part I wouldn’t mind skipping. Harried treks through multiple airport lines and long flights and layovers mean many, many hours of frazzled nerves and hunger before you get to your destination.
Whether you’re jetting off on an international trip or hitting the road for a weekend getaway, traveling goes hand-in-hand with limited options when it comes to eating healthy. Suffice it to say most airports, train stations and roadside restaurants aren’t known for a selection of tasty, much less nutritious, options so bringing along your own provisions is often the best solution.
Just because I’m traveling doesn’t mean I’m at the mercy of food courts and inedible airline meals. Regardless of where I’m headed I make sure to pack my bags with snacks that will tide me over until I get where I’m going.
In my carry-on you’ll find the following:
1. Fresh Fruit – I often bring along a couple green apples because they are easy to eat and don’t bruise easily, plus the natural acidity of the apples is super refreshing on a long flight.
2. Cut Vegetables – I’ll pack a small container with cut carrots, celery, snaps peas and radishes to munch on along with a few packets of nut butters to dip them in.
4. Nut Butter and Coconut Butter Packets – These are for dipping the vegetables into or spreading on the crackers and keep you full longer thanks to a healthy dose of fat.
5. Energy or Protein Bars – Having a stash of bars on hand can be a real life-saver when you are short on space. I look for ones that are made from whole foods and are preferably organic.
6. Nuts, Seeds and Coconut Flakes – A handful of these makes a great filling snack.
7. Vegetable Chips – Not essential but more of a fun extra; sweet potato, kale or zucchini chips makes eating while traveling more enjoyable.
8. Dark Chocolate – I always bring a few squares to treat myself.
Abe’s Market is where I go to find snacks before I hit the road. They have a great selection of healthy and organic snacks and gluten-free options. I’ve partnered with them today to put together a giveaway that includes 5 of my picks for travel:
A 12 Pack of CHOCOLATE CHIP MACAROONS
A 12 Pack of SIMPLE SQUARES COCONUT ORGANIC SNACK BARS
A 20 Pack of VEGGIE-GO’S
1 bag of SUNBIOTIC NUTS ALMONDS
1 bag of ORGANIC PESTO ZUCCHINI CHIPS
AND a $100.00 gift certificate to spend on whatever else you might need there! Just enter below for a chance to win and while you’re at it be sure to check out their Try for $2 Program, where you can try all kinds of new products everyday for just $2 and the shipping is free!
Or enter here.
(Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Abe’s Market but the opinions expressed are completely my own.)