A crispy grain-free herbed flatbread topped with spicy arugula, shaved Parmesan and marcona almonds.
Crispy grain-free herb flatbread loaded with spicy arugula salad and topped with salty shaved-Parmesan and Marcona almonds makes an easy main course for a relaxed summer dinner menu.
Here’s another recipe where the simplicity of the ingredients really shines and essentially takes no time at all to put together, not to mention that it goes well with a glass of crisp white or rose wine.
It’s a light rustic-style recipe that marries the flavors of the Mediterranean. More cracker than bread, it comes together quickly in the food processor and bakes in about 15 minutes.
The principle is simple: rosemary and grated Parmesan infuse the base full of flavor and dressed, mildly bitter wild arugula tops it along with more grated Parmesan and salty Marcona almonds. The secret to this light flatbread is to roll it out very thin.
The crispy flatbread, lightly golden and pleasurably snappy is the perfect vehicle for scooping any summer salad or vegetable dish (like these grilled vegetables
). Make a few of them to break up into pieces and serve as an appetizer with cheese when entertaining
Crisp Rosemary Parmesan Flatbread Recipe with Arugula and Almonds (Gluten Free and Grain Free)
Rosemary and grated Parmesan infuse the flatbread and is topped with mildly bitter wild arugula along with more grated Parmesan and salty Marcona almonds.
- 2 cups/ 224g almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons/ 28g unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- ¼ cup/ 28g Parmesan cheese, grated (plus more for serving)
- 1 egg white
- ½ tsp McCormick dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon/ 15ml of lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons/ 15ml olive oil
- 5 oz/ 142 g of arugula
- ¼ cup/ 28 oz or Marcona almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the almond flour, butter, parmesan, egg white, dried rosemary and salt and pulse until the mixtures starts to come together.
- Place dough on parchment pressing down firmly with your hand to create a disk. Place another piece of parchment on top and roll out thinly with a rolling pin.
- Remove top piece of parchment and prick dough all over with a fork. Place parchment with dough on baking sheet and bake until golden, about 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Let cool on a rack.
- Toss the arugula with lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Top flat bread with dressed arugula and finish with shaved additional shaved Parmesan and Marcona almonds.
Gluten Free, Grain Free, Vegetarian, Primal
Copyright 2013 gourmandeinthekitchen.com
(This recipe is part of my easy entertaining dinner menu, see the full menu here.)
leave a comment