Do you have family or friends who are gluten-free? These days a lot of people are. I’m betting that many of you know at least one or more people that suffer from celiac disease or are eating a gluten-free diet for other health reasons.
So I was pleased to hear that Tate’s Bake Shop’s newest endeavor is a line of gluten-free cookies and brownies.
Tate’s has substituted rice and almond flours in their gluten-free line for the wheat flour, but kept in the traditional ingredients at the heart of their great tasting recipes like the butter, chocolate, eggs, and vanilla.
But of course the real test is how do they taste?
- The cookies are just what you’d expect from Tate’s, thin, buttery, crunchy and flecked with chocolate chips.
- The brownies were fudgy, moist and dense. They are a good size bar so I would recommend sharing or saving half for later because they are rich!
- If no one told me these were their from the gluten-free line, I would never know by the taste. Seriously, these are good cookies and brownies, and they live up to the quality and reputation of their predecessors.
So I am happy to tell you that Tates Bakeshop has offered to send one lucky Gourmande in the Kitchen reader one of their Gluten Free Baskets (ARV $38) along with a copy of the Tates Bakeshop Cookbook (ARV $25.99).
The basket includes:
- Three (8 oz) bags of Tate’s signature thin, crispy chocolate chip cookies, made with rice flour.
- Three dense, dark, gluten-free brownies, made with almond flour.
But even if you don’t win, Tate’s is also providing all Gourmande in the Kitchen readers with 15% off tatesbakeshop.com with the code BLOGGER. The code is good through December 31st.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
The winner is Jennifer D. Harris. Congratulations Jennifer, enjoy your cookies and brownies!
HOW TO ENTER:
Required Entry: For a chance to win leave a comment here, whatever you’d like. For example, tell me what your favorite cookie is, or what your favorite Tate’s Bakeshop cookie is?
The required entry must be done otherwise any extra entries will not count.
WANT MORE CHANCES TO WIN?
1. Follow @gourmandeinthek on Twitter.*
2. Tweet the following : Enter to #win a @TatesBakeShop Basket and Cookbook via @gourmandeinthek http://su.pr/1WqoeJ #giveaway #cookies
3. “Like” Gourmande in the Kitchen on Facebook.*
4. Follow @TatesBakeShop on Twitter.
5. “Like” Tate’s Bake Shop on Facebook.
6. Subscribe to Gourmande in the Kitchen updates by email, or subscribe to my RSS feed.*
PLEASE REMEMBER: Leave a separate comment for EACH of your entries or only one entry will be counted.
*If you already follow me on Twitter and Facebook and/or already subscribe to Gourmande in the Kitchen let me know as well, since this counts as an entry.
Giveaway starts on 12/19/2011 and will run until 12/26/2011 at 11:59 pm PST.