I was recently given the opportunity to review “Small Batch Baking for Chocolate Lovers“ by Debby Maugans. The extensive 120+ recipe collection is the author’s follow-up to her earlier and popular “Small-Batch Baking” cookbook. Her newest book expands on “Small Batch Baking’s” techniques with an ingredient that is actually the author’s first taste of the day everyday: chocolate.
Because sometimes a 9-inch layer cake is too much and 2 dozen cookies is just torturous temptation, Small Batch Baking for Chocolate Lovers specializes in chocolate versions of favorite baked goods, including layer cakes, cookies, pies and puddings that are downsized to make just enough for a one time serving.
You can find classic desserts such as chocolate cake and chocolate chip cookies alongside unique combinations such as chocolate lavender cream tarts and java chili chocolate pecan crackles. Ideal for singles, couples, or small families, this book features lots of tempting recipes loaded with chocolate of all kinds and all forms, a real chocolate lover’s dream.
For more information, please see my full and extensive review of the cookbook at Honest Cooking.
I am pleased to share with you that Debby Maugans has generously offered to send one of my readers a copy of Small-Batch Baking for Chocolate Lovers.
HOW TO ENTER:
Required Entry: Tell me what your favorite dessert is. Does it involve chocolate?
The required entry must be done otherwise any extra entries will not count.
WANT MORE CHANCES TO WIN?
1. Follow @gourmandeinthek on Twitter.*
2. Tweet the following : I entered to win a copy of Small-Batch Baking for Chocolate Lovers from @smallbatchbakin via @gourmandeinthek http://su.pr/2hDr2p #giveaway
3. Become a fan of Gourmande in the Kitchen on Facebook.*
4. Share the link for this giveaway on Facebook and tag @gourmandeinthekitchen in your message.
5. Stumble any non-giveaway post on this site and leave a comment below with your Stumble Upon handle.
6. Subscribe to Gourmande in the Kitchen updates by email, or subscribe to my RSS feed.*
PLEASE REMEMBER: Leave a separate comment for EACH of your entries or only one entry will be counted.
*If you already follow me on Twitter and Facebook and/or already subscribe to Gourmande in the Kitchen let me know as well, since this counts as an entry.
Giveaway will end on June 15, 2011 at 11:59 pm PST. One winner with a valid entry will be selected at random. I will email the winner and they will have up to 3 days to claim their prize or another winner will be selected. You may NOT enter using multiple email addresses. Contest is open to US and Canada only.
leave a comment