Imagining | A New Year

a new year tangerines 1 of 1 4 Imagining | A New Year

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday surrounded by friends and family, and that you had time to relax and enjoy the season. The holidays are just one of those times in my life when I am not able to keep up with everything, and everything seems to happen at a frantic pace. This week the dust has finally settled down a bit.   The kitchen is littered with remnants of cookies and candy, the fridge and freezer packed to the brim with food, and it’s that time of the year again, that time when I think to myself: “I can’t believe the year is already coming to an end.”  I seem to feel this way every December around this time, and I can’t help but wonder “Is it just me or has time somehow gotten faster?”

crab apples falling 1 of 1 2 Imagining | A New Year

It’s funny, you know, because when I was a kid I thought time crawled and I felt like everything in life took an eternity; now I feel like I blink my eyes and another year has somehow gone by.  Right now I want time to stop for just a moment so I can close my eyes and just imagine.  I want to dream about what the New Year will bring; all the exciting, tiring, but, in the end, amazing and fulfilling twists and turns that life will bring next year. I wish to learn and experience something new every day.  I want to imagine every tasty bite that 2011 has in store!

chocolate cake dig in 1 of 1 2 Imagining | A New Year

One of the things I am most excited about for next year is this blog.  As soon as I started telling people I had launched the blog, the reality of it began to set in, people were so positive and welcoming, I felt like I was part of a large, kind and creative community now, and for this I would like to say thank you. Thank you to everyone who drops by here.  Thank you for your comments and emails.  Thank you for your support and encouragement. Thank you for being in my life.

un amour de macaron 1 of 11 Imagining | A New Year

I want to wish you all a beautiful New Year filled with love, joy, fun, creativity, fulfillment and all your favorite foods!  Happy New Year!!!

What are you most looking forward to in 2011?

(Above are a few images from 2010 and a new one to welcome in 2011).

pixel Imagining | A New Year

Get the latest recipes!

Subscribe by email and get the latest posts automatically delivered to your inbox so you never miss a recipe.

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

5 − = 3

1. says

Beautiful web site! Nicely designed. Good content, too.

Time is getting faster as I get older, too. I am not sure why, but it seems like the months melt away like iciles in April.

2. says

I’m looking forward to a healthier year (battled cancer last year so that wasn’t too fun!). Also looking forward to seeing where my photography takes me this year and perhaps if I can squeeze in some travelling too! But with a nearly 2 year old, not always possible!

I hope the new year brings you all that you wish for and more!

• says

I am sorry to hear about your cancer battle, I hope that it is in the past and that you are fully recovered. May your 2011 be filled with health, happiness and many travels!

3. says

Flickr has such a great community of some really great people and I’m so glad it helped me meet you and get to your about your talent! And now since you are a part of the blogger community too so I’m sure we’ll come even closer :-)
    You are doing an amazing job and can’t wait to see what you have waiting for the nest year!
    Wish You a very Happy New Year!

4. says

It’s so wonderful to see your lovely shots close up, Sylvie. It’s been lovely getting to know you on Flickr and I’m glad to see your blog now. Happy New Year!

5. says

Not a week, not a month but the entire year seemed to have whizzed past in a moment’s time :-)

The photographs are gorgeous and the textures are lovely, making it so appealing and desirable. You are GOOD!

Have a wonderful rest of the year a FAB 2011.

XOX
    Soma

6. says

Happy New Year!!!!! Time does start to get faster and faster as we age. I can remember sitting in my fifth grade classroom looking at the clocking thinking… my WORD time is SO SLOW!

Thank you as well for visiting my blog! I’m relatively new to the blogging world and am learning a ton. I’m learning about baking, photography, AND blog maintenance! So far, I love it all. This is going to be an exciting year!

Trev

7. says

Your pictures make me happy. I just love them. That clementine or orange or whatever it is at the top would look so gorgeous on my kitchen wall.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful New Year!

8. says

Your photo’s are amazing, i am sure you have heard that before but i am new to your site :) I am with you that time flies, i can’t believe it is 2011. . . it is going way too fast for me. Happy New Year!

9. says

I feel the same, very excited for this next year and all the possibilities it holds!
    And just when I thought I could not possibly want another post holiday sweet, there is your chocolate cake…..

10. says

Sylvie, thanks for stopping by my blog. I’m in love with your stunning photography. I can identify with your comments here about the quicker passing of time and also launching a new blog. Mine is under a year old–it’s given me so much pleasure and has allowed me to connect with such nice people, now it’s also connected me to you. Happy New Year!

11. says

Happy new year Sylvie! I agree with you, time definitely flies by so quickly, it’s hard to keep track of time sometimes. I hope to improve my photography this year, yours are amazing! I’m looking forward to my vietnam holiday this year.

12. says

oh such a sweet post… time goes by faster now because we are all grown up! :) i wish you all the luck for you, my friend, may this blog continue to grow as your creativity and excellent work goes to a whole different level! i am so happy that our paths came across in 2010! :) hugs from lisbon! twiggs

• says

Thank you so much, I am so very happy to have gotten to know you this past year and to have you as a friend. Best of luck to you in the new year with your blog!

13. says

HAPPY NEW YEAR dear girl. Sorry I’m late here, but better late than never. You have an astoundingly beautiful blog, and are a very talented photographer. I love your passion and sense of aesthetics … may you grow from strength to strength!! Much love

14. says

You are a gift to all of us…Food feeds the sole and our imaginations…
    I am from the canadian prairies and really it doesn’t matter where we are from Food is the universal language.Photography is my passion and you have surpassed expectations of food styling. Can I study under you? Rhetorical question…
    NAMASTE